Follow these simple rules or "guidelines" to be a favorite at CrossFit Recoil!
1. Please arrive on time for class! You can be 10 minutes early to class but anything after the start time you are late! Give yourself time to change, use the restroom, and put your stuff away. We definitely understand life happens but if you make it a point to be on time most of the time...we can look the other way once in a while.
2. Be nice to others! This is a simple rule that goes a long way. Remember your first day at Recoil? You were probably shy and nervous, so make it a point to introduce yourself to new members! Make them feel at home and help show them the ropes!
3. Your ego should be left in the car! Somewhere there is a high school student warming up with your PR. We are all here to SUPPORT each other in a comfortable, slightly intense environment. Cheer on others just as you like it when people do the same for you!
4. Please clean up after yourself. Clean up your sweat, blood, and puke. We wish we didn't have to say this but please do not spit on the floor or in the alley! Would you like to do burpees in someone else's spit? I think not. Pick up your used tape, Band-Aids, sweaty clothes, water bottles, and chalk. Put away all equipment used in the proper places, stack boxes up neatly, put bars back in the rack, and stack the weights in ORDER!
5. Respect our equipment! Drop as a last resort. Put things down with as much control as possible. Dropping weights should be a necessity, not a convenience. ALWAYS keep your weights under control. NEVER drop an empty barbell. NEVER drop a kettlebell or dumbbell. Bumpers are designed for emergency dropping, not dropping every rep of FRAN. Our equipment was expensive and we like to keep the dues at Recoil as low as possible!
6. Bring things to coaches attention. If there is something broken, damaged, no toilet paper, just tell us! We can probably fix most issues immediately and you help keep the gym safe and functional!
7. Don't cheat! NO one cares what your score was. Everyone cares if you CHEATED! Be honest with everyone and be honest with yourself. The only person you are hurting is yourself if you cheat. If one of the coaches gives you advice on a movement or form, listen to them. We are watching you from the sidelines and we are trying to HELP you. Don't get irritated or defensive, just listen.
8. Learn how to count. If you lose track of what number you are on, start over at 1. Take responsibly for your actions. Mistakes happen and if you need someone to count your reps, just ask!
9. Take ownership. This is your gym. Take care of it and it will take care of you. Help others and others will help you! We work hard to have a awesome family here at Recoil and to make everyone feel welcome.
10. Pay attention! The coaches review the workout in the round-ups and define what the range of motion is, alternate movements, and scaling. If you get called out for not paying attention, you will be the model. When you do not show up for the round-up, you cannot get an RX. Also, just because you lifted the weight doesn't mean you completed the repetitions as prescribed. You don't determine your RX, the coaches determine your RX.
We know you need to get away sometimes, but that doesn't mean your workouts have to suffer! We have listed a few of our favorite workouts you can do in a hotel or where you are staying! Grab the kids, knock out some burpees, and have some fun as a family!
Movements: There's plenty more but here's just a few!
1. Push Ups
3. Air Squat and Jump Squats
5. Sit Ups
6. Jumping Jacks
1. AMRAP in 15 Min
50 Jumping Jacks
10 Push Ups
10 Jump Squats
15 Sit Ups
2. Pick a number 50-100...
Now grab a stop watch... 3..2..1... BURPEES GO!
3. 4 Rounds
50 Sit Ups
40 Walking Lunges
20 Push Ups
4. GO FOR A RUN!!!
Minimum 2 Miles! Walk a little if you need too, but you got this!
5. 1 Minute of each movement... rest one minute between sets, repeat 5 Times!
Inch worm to push up (place hands on floor and walk out until you are in the push up position, complete one push up, then walk feet to meet hands, stand up.)
The possibilities are endless, get your heart rate up and remember to make it fun! Working out doesn't have to be a bummer on vacation, get others involved, spend time stretching, and take care of your body!